Edmonton housing prices holding steady - Edmonton Journal
Where to celebrate Canada Day - July 1, 2016
Canada Day at the Alberta Legislature - Click here for more info
Canada Day at City Hall and Churchill Square - Click here for more info
Fort Edmonton Park - Click here for more info
Edmonton Valley Zoo - Click here for more info
High Level Bridge - Click here for more info
We’re often told we shouldn’t judge a book by it’s cover. Unfortunately, people rarely apply this rule to the home buying process and that is why exterior and yard improvements are so important. Luckily, these investments can be inexpensive and can provide great returns. Here’s our list of a few items to consider:
1) Walls - Just like you maintain interior walls, exterior walls should be maintained as well. Replace anything that needs to be replaced, fill in any gaps or cracks, or rinse down anything that's dirty. These are quick and easy fixes that can be done without a huge investment.
2) Front Door - Just as it is often important for you to make the right first impression, your home needs to make the right impression when buyers look at it for the first time. This first look often includes a peek at the front door, and knowing that buyers can make decisions in as little as a few seconds, you shouldn’t overlook this feature.
3) Landscaping - Landscaping can be inexpensive and can even increase your home's value by up to 7% according to the National Post. It can help make your home stand out in a run down neighbourhood, or make sure that your house does not look out of place in an upscale one. Keep in mind that people enjoy low maintenance so focus on designs that are both aesthetically pleasing and easy to maintain.
4) Decks - Decks are one of the renovations that are most likely to hold their value according to HGTV. Depending on the type and size of deck you install, it can really help increase the living space of the home.
5) Roof - Roofs are expensive and although a new roof may not justify a huge increase in the asking price, it can definitely be added to a buyer's list of pros when comparing properties. If your roof is intact there is no need to replace it just yet, however if it needs repairs, do not put them off because if can be just as costly to mend the damage caused by a faulty roof.
Father’s Day gifts that are for the home can be a constant reminder of your love for dad! Here are some ideas for this year:
Storage After the spring cleaning is done, you need a way to keep everything organized for the rest of the year. This can be especially helpful in the garage or the basement where a ton of seasonal items and tools tend to reside.
BBQ supplies whether it’s a grill or patio furniture to enjoy the meal, or tongs and an apron to keep his clothes intact, if your dad loves to BBQ, he will love you for these gifts!
Beer gear customized glasses, decanters and bar decorations can bring joy if your dad enjoys drinking as a pastime. If all else fails, he would probably appreciate just a few bottles of beer too.
Handyman tools If he’s not into grills, maybe he’s a fan of drills. Your local stores will have tons of specials and entire kits on specials so make sure to take a peek. Maybe he’ll finally get around to fixing that one thing he’s been putting off just so he can use his new tools.
Whatever it is that you decide to get him, he is sure to appreciate the time and thought you put into it!
Unique Roofing Ideas
We Appreciate YOU immensely!!!
We want to send a special thank you to Julian Izquierdo for his recent referral. Our business depends on people just like Julian and it and it is extremely appreciated!