- Top homes worth a bundle in Edmonton millionaire's market – Edmonton Journal
- Edmonton flooding with million-dollar houses – Edmonton Sun
– Edmonton Journal
– Edmonton Journal
- Realtors Association of Edmonton seeks increase in HBP – Edmonton Sun
- Edmonton Comedy Festival – Wednesday, October 7 to Saturday, October 10
- Madonna Tour – Sunday, October 11 and Monday, October 12
- Late Night Clarinet – Friday, October 16
- Fall Edmonton Woman's Show – Saturday, October 17 and Sunday, October 18
- Dedfest – Wednesday, October 21 to Monday, October 26
- Edmonton Fall Home Show – Friday, October 23 to Sunday, October 25
- Spooktacular Grave Discoveries – Friday, Oct 23, Saturday, Oct 24, and Friday, October 30
Our local housing market is diverse and constantly evolving. These figures for the lowest and highest price paid for homes so far in 2015 give you a sense of the wide range of possibilities in the city.
- Apartment Condos -
- Townhouses -
- Single Family Homes -
Data above are based on MLS Sales in Year 2015.
Attic Insulation –12-15 inches minimum of even insulation is needed to keep heat in the house and money in your pocket. Have your R-value checked by a professional if needed.
Change Air Filter – For healthy, indoor air, change your air filter once a month in the winter months. Your furnace has to work twice as hard with an air-borne allergen clogged filter.
Vacuum Vents – Take off the covers and hoses to your dryer, bathroom and stove vents and suction out lint and debris. This will increase efficiency and decrease fire hazards.
Furnace Cleaning – Have furnace inspected and cleaned once a year – before winter. A dirty furnace is less efficient. Call ATCO Gas to inspect your appliances. Free of charge.
Clean Gutters and Downspouts – Use a ladder, gloves and a garbage bag to remove debris from the past year. Run water from a hose through the downspots to ensure they are unclogged.
Install Gutter Guards – To minimize the amount of debris accumulated, gutter guards are a good idea but you’ll still need to check for clogs once a year in the fall.
Seal Foundation – Cracks and holes in foundation are inevitable and can lead to significant damage if not treated. Repair and seal holes with a quality caulking material.
Inspect Roof Shingles – Not just the shingles but metal flashing at all the roof joints to look for signs of leaking, rotting or damage. It protects everything in the home – don’t overlook it.
Check Shut off Valves – An important line of defense and if not cared for, they can deteriorate. Wipe valves clean, and open and close. This deters corrosion and ensures they work.
Drain Outside Faucets – Water pipes can freeze, swell and burst in the winter months, causing significant damage. Turn the external shut valve off and open the faucet until the drip stops.
Replace Batteries in Detectors – October is Fire Awareness Month so use it as a reminder to replace batteries in smoke detectors, carbon monoxide alarms and other safety instruments.
We appreciate you spreading the word about the Platinum Team.
We want to send a special thank you to Tania Stewardson and Evan Kuiper for their recent referrals. Our business depends on people like you it and it is extremely appreciated!